Thursday, March 13, 2008

This is a first!

Ok, so I am feeling really ambitious to even start this blog, either that or really foolish! I have had a desire to do this for some time now, and today I have a couple minutes, so, I thought, "what the heck, I'll give it a try." I hope to be able to become a regular blogger, but ... I have a lot going on in my life. Enough said! I'll do my best and try to remember that a little something is better than nothing at all.
Right now, along with half of the country, I have SPRING FEVER. Compared to recent past years, this winter has been LONG and COLD. To avoid exposing the twins to every germ in the county, I have pretty much had to stay cooped up at home with them all winter long. My only respite has been going to work where I get to, hmmm, take care of sick people. Thank goodness I love my job! The increase in actual hours of daylight has helped to lift my mood. Yeah, I love daylight savings time!
Oh, yeah, I also had the blessing of going to Hawaii with Mimi, which was a wonderful break during the bitter cold of mid-January. (THANK YOU MOM! for watching the kids so it would be possible. Love you!)
Doesn't this look wonderful?

Compare that picture with this one, taken today. This is the view from my back window. Note the ice covered pond. But hey, can you see the patches of brown grass around the playground and water on the surface of the pond? This makes me hopeful that spring is coming.

The high temperatures here this week have been in the high 30's and 40's, so the older kids have been able to play outside without fear of frostbite. We are all excited to be going to Washington and Idaho in a couple of weeks where spring will be in full swing. We're not even going to bring winter coats. Yeah! I can't wait to get rid of that extra bulk. It is such a pain when fastening the car seat buckles.

I think I will brave the germs and take the twins to the community playgroup tomorrow. They really need to get out and socialize. Maybe it will help them mature! That sounded like a plea, ha ha! Their language skills are really developing, finally. Last week when all the kids had the belly flu, after they would vomit or poop, they would say, "that's digusting".
They are so fun.
It's time for the twins nap, and I think I will take one too, I work tonight. Have a great day and feel free to read and comment anytime.

7 comments:

midnight hysteria said...

love your title, *rosieoutlookonlife* ... how positive and completely awesome ... love the blog, too! i have to tell you how wonderful it was to stay at your home with all your delightful, darling, perfect, precious kids (can you tell i'm a VERY doting gramma??? LOL)!

keep up the good blog; you give hope to those of us with a blog but who don't -- yet!

love ya ... mommmmmmmmmmmmmm

Christal said...

RRRROOOSSEEE!!!!! I'm so excited you started a blog this is so,so awesome!!!! Love it ! Love the title love the pictures and you look GREAT!! Hawaii must have been a blast just the two of you that is so awesome!! I want to go someday!
We can't wait for spring either we don't have any snow left but it was frosty this morning! Can't wait to see pics of the kids they must be getting so big.
Thanks for checking up on mine. I love ya and am so glad you started a blog!! Have a great day!! ttyl

Christal said...

I added you on my link page of friends is that okay?

KT said...

Looking forward to the chaos of your family coming to my house!! I told Matt he needed to start and finish the addition on the house quickly. lol. Can't wait to see some updated pics of your kids. I Love ya doser!!!

KT

Karyn said...

Thanks for adding me to your list. Hawaii must have been so amazing! I am sure that you needed that breather. You are so lucky to have a mom that will help out with your kids. Looking forward to more posts.

midnight hysteria said...

I have not seen these glorious pictures in a very Loooonnngggg time, however, everytime i laugh my butt off ... i forgot about the cereal . . . . looks like davus's daily breakfast . . .
the powder and lotion is wonderful . . . . where was Aaron with his stick when it was needed?????

SEND MORE PICS, PLEASE . . .

midnight hysteria said...

UH, THAT SHOULD READ, *DAVID'S BREAKFAST* . . .