Happy Tuesday! So, as usual, we've been busy around here. I am counting down the days until spring break; Thursday after school. The kids (and me) deserve a break. I actually get a week off school, too. That is not until the 29th though. We went to Costco on Saturday, as a family and stocked up our food storage ($500 + spent !!) (thank goodness for a tax return). It is scary to see how much the price of food had gone up. That, coupled with the rising gas prices, has us thinking hard about our debts. I was reading today in Pres. Hinkley's book, "Standing For Something", and came across a quote from J. Rueben Clark. Keep in mind, this was said in 1938.
"Interest never sleeps nor sickens nor dies; it never goes to
the hospital; it works on Sundays and holidays;it never visits nor
travels; it takes no pleasure;it is never laid off from work nor
discharged from employment; it never works on reduced hours;... it
is hard and soulless as a granite cliff. Once in debt, interest is your companion every minute of the day and night; you cannot shun it or slip away from
it; you cannot dismiss it; it yields neither to entreaties, demands or
orders; and whenever you get in it's way or cross it's course or fail to meet it's demands, IT CRUSHES YOU!"
Debt has been on my mind a lot recently, with the economy as it is right now. It scares me because everything is going up in price, and yet our pay stays the same. In our Sacrament meeting on Sunday, they read a letter from the First Presidency regarding debt, so I guess it's on everyone's mind.
On a lighter note, it has been fun today making food plans for our visit to Kate's. We are leaving here next Tuesday evening. The kids are excited and worried about the plane ride. Today Lizzy said, "Mom, Grandma said I need gum for the plane ride so my ears won't hurt". Thanks a lot mom! No we'll have to fight with the twins the whole way while they string their gum in and out of their mouths. Just Kidding! They are really into airplanes (making them all day with legos) so they should enjoy the ride, I HOPE. So look at what the darling twins were up to today while I made dinner rolls. Can you say "Cereal Mess?" I was vacuuming this up as I talked to Kate. I know mom, you are laughing!
Lizzy, as usual, reading a book, didn't notice as they made that mess right under her nose, literally. I guess I used to be a lot like that too. She read 2 books after school today. She just started "The Boxcar Children" series, and is completely engrossed. "It's so cool, mom. They lived in a train car." She is darling. Her teacher at school is having a baby any day now, and she wanted to make something for the baby. This past weekend we went to JoAnns and got some really soft chenille yarn and I helped her make a hat with the NIFTY KNITTER. She is so thoughtful, that girl.
You would think I never feed the twins or something. Ethan must have been starving today. Look at the bite he took out of Elijah's back. OUCH!
How could a mouth this cute, do something so bad? He did say he was sorry though and "kissed"it better. I think they are growing though, they are seriously eating all day long!
My paranoid husband is requesting that I password this blog. "Anyone can get on it, pedophiles, murderers, and kidnappers". He can be freaky sometimes! I will oblige him and see if I can figure out how. Email me if I forget to include you in the list of people allowed to view it. Hope you all have a great week!
3 comments:
Oh rose I can't believe how big liz is now crazy and I remember you loved to read to growing up just like that!! Cereal on the floor looks so familiar ha ha!! Well have so much fun flying and on spring break !! Lucky kids! Fun! I'm so glad you have a blog !!! Love it thanks for sharing the debt and food stuff seems like everybody is really doing something about it lately! Thats awesome since we've been told forever eh! Thanks for the reminder! Love ya TTYL
rosie ... looking at all that cereal (yes, i AM laughing), reminds me of the time you and your sisters, when we lived in vanderhoof, cut up a lot of my sewing patterns, whilst your dad was reading a book all comfy in a chair a la lizzy!!! i was not laughing then!
i am looking forward to the tornado on its way ... however chaotic will be, i know the fun we will have visiting *Over the hill and through the woods* at gramma's house ... or should that be *over the plains and through the mountains*??? LOL
love your blog ... and you ... and all o them, too ... mommmmm/gramma
Post a Comment